Preparing for any kind of surgery can make some people slightly anxious, but that need not be the case when having laser eye surgery with Optical Express.
As the UK’s No. 1 provider of laser eye surgery, our world-class surgeons and expert staff will walk you through the pre-operative procedure, step-by-step, so that when it comes to your surgery day, you’ll be at ease with the knowledge that you’re in safe hands.
Our surgeons have carried out more than a million laser eye surgery procedures between them and are recognised across the world. In order to ensure a safe and successful procedure, there are just a couple of things we ask of you before attending your surgery day:
- If you wear contact lenses, you will need to take these out for a period of time before your treatment as they can affect the shape of your cornea. If you do not follow this advice, we may need to postpone your surgery. The period of time you should keep your lenses out for are:Make time to spend around a half-day within the clinic. This will allow us to take any final measurements that we may need for your surgery as well as give you ample time to have a discussion with the optometrist or surgeon where you can ask any final questions that you may have.
- Soft lenses – at least 1 week prior to surgery
- Hard or gas permeable lenses – at least 1 month prior to surgery
- You can eat and drink as normal before your surgery, with the exception of alcohol, as the procedure is only performed under a local anaesthetic
- We advise that you wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Please avoid wearing make-up, creams, mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner, deodorant and perfume on the day of your laser eye procedure.
- After surgery, you will be unable to drive home. Please make suitable arrangements to get home such as ask a family member or friend to accompany you to the clinic.
Laser eye surgery can transform the way you live your life. Our specialist staff really will be there to hold your hand at every step of the way on your laser eye surgery journey.
If you have any questions or concerns before your day of surgery, dont worry. Just visit one of our clinics or stores across the UK or call us on 0800 023 20 20 and we’ll put you at ease.