A cataract is a clouding of the lens in your eye. This can cause blurred vision, a brown or yellow tinge to your sight and spots where your sight is less clear. Cataracts are a common eye condition and are a natural part of aging.
Cataracts are caused by a change in the cell arrangement and water content of the lens in your eye, causing it to become misty. As the cataract grows larger it will cloud more of your lens, making your vision more blurred.
The World Health Organisation predicts that by 2020, more than 32 million cataract procedures will take place annually. Optical Express carries out thousands of cataract treatments per year. It’s a simple procedure that allows you freedom from cataracts and also can correct long-sightedness, short-sightedness and reading vision.
At Optical Express, cataract surgery replaces your damaged lens with a premium synthetic lens. The new lens becomes a part of your eye and you will be able to enjoy clear sight once again.
In the UK, Optical Express is second only to the NHS in how many cataract surgeries our surgeons carry out every year. There are a number of benefits to choosing to receive your treatment with Optical Express:
- No long waiting times – you could have your surgery just days after you have been deemed suitable at a consultation with one of our expert optometrists.
- Both eyes treated within a couple of days of each other – no long waits between treatments on each eye. Waiting for months or even years can cause visual discomfort if one eye has already been treated.
- We only use the highest quality lenses by Johnson & Johnson Vision and Carl Zeiss. Our lenses are multifocal, NHS only offer monofocal option).
- Finance options available to spread the cost.
- 100% of our patients achieve driving standards.
If you’d like to find out more about cataract surgery at Optical Express, visit our Cataract page.Cataract Surgery